Pilgrim Spartan Bergen! Welcome to our article on the Pilgrim Spartan Bergen, there’s a lot of reasons why the average Joe soldier might get tired of the standard issue PLCE Bergen or even the more recently issued Virtus 90 pack, the answer is usually to send your rucksack off to be modded at places like Dixies Corner, Dragon Supplies, Jay Jay’s etc and there are a number of options these retailers offer listed below
PLEASE NOTE DUE TO SPECIAL REQUEST WE WILL BE ADAPTING THESE BERGENS IN OTHER GENUINE MULTICAM FABRIC COLOURS INCLUDING MULTICAM ALPINE, MULTICAM TROPIC AND MULTICAM ARID AS WELL AS THE TRADITIONAL MTP AND MULTICAM WE HAVE!
- Triple Utility Pouch
- Poncho Pouch
- Bergen Floating Lid Straps
- Modified Lid with internal mesh pockets
- Bergen Padded Mesh Back
- Cobra Buckle
- Shoulder Strap Widening
- Bergen Baggy Mesh Pockets, Drawstring top
This list is by no means extensive… luckily there is an off the shelf solution which combines the best of all the most innovative mods into one easy to carry package… meet the Spartan Bergen…
The Spartan Bergen for a start is MTP, that’s right, genuine fabric, it’s perfectly compatible with all issued kit in the UK forces and also Multicam compatible for those whom is the issued shade as well, it packs a shed load of pouches to keep kit separated with dedicated compartments and a generously side inner space as well as a top lid for separating smaller niggles of kit which you may want quick to hand.
The feature of a utility pouch is one of the most liked features we’ve found after feedback from our customers, each pouch features a waterproof storm hood to protect the contents against the elements and you can bet that is a plus especially when deep behind enemy lines under adverse conditions.
See below for a list of features on the Spartan Bergen
- Triple Utility Pouch: Featuring s 25mm side release buckles and velcro retention on the lids, these allow storage of extra essentials that require access quickly, eg Waterbottles, Link ammunition, First Aid Supplies, 24-hour Operational Ration Packs, Issued Water bottle with lid, Jet Boil, waterproof kit etc.
- Poncho pouch: The addition of a means you can easily accommodate your Basha, Bungees, Paracord and Tent Pegs comfortably, with room to spare for your own waterproof clothing if required!
- Modified Lid with internal mesh pockets: Bergen Lid with internal mesh pockets. For field organisation and administration of the kit in your Bergen lid. Features three sewn in mesh bags and an elastic loop system. All those small essentials can now be organised!
- Widened Shoulder Strap: Increases the comfort of a standard Bergen. Wider straps spread the load and can also add the option of plastic inserts to enlarge the load surface area vastly improving the comfort more.
- Bergen Baggy Mesh Pockets, Drawstring top: Side mesh pocket fitted to Bergen within the side pocket zips, this still allows side pockets to the used if desired. Drawcord closure at the top provides secure closure. The pocket can be compressed using the Bergen’s existing straps, comes as a pair!
- Padded Mesh Back: A professionally fitted padded mesh back for increased comfort and air circulation. Dramatically reduces Bergen rub on those long tabs! Padded spacer mesh back. Increase comfort by creating a softer surface and increases air flow over back to reduce heat rash and friction.
- Floating Lid Straps: Our floating lid features 3 lengths of webbing straps attached from the Bergen body to the lid. Ideal for storing your patrol pack, or making more room in your Bergen. Fully adjustable and secure. Adding the floating lid to the Bergen allows additional storage space under the main lid of your pack.
So there you have it, combining the best of everything wanted in a Bergen mod into one desirable package, made by MOD manufacturer from top quality materials!
Featuring two removable side pockets, three large utility pouches, and a generously sided main body the Spartan is easily capable of the large load out required by todays operators, and can be customised for role specific needs.
The Pilgrim Spartan Bergen is made from 1000D Multicam / MTP compatible material, and has two removable side pockets covering a mesh pocket, retained by elastic when not in use. Under the mesh side pockets there is a flat pocket for shelter poles or other items.
The front features a triple utility pouch and poncho pouch on the front. The poncho pouch incorporates a lid that closes over the main zip and contains a separate peg pouch. The triple pouch features storms hoods and side release buckles.
The floating top lid features a pocket on inside and large pocket on the top. The top pocket features a 3 sided zip that hinges open to reveal 2 small and one large mesh pockets with elastic loops and MOLLE on the inside of the lid for kit organisation.
The unique backing system features contoured S-Shaped shoulder straps with a sternum strap and spacer mesh padding. Spacer Mesh back support system with two long vertical pads that promote air flow run either side of the spine that flow into a lumber support pad for added comfort. This allows the operator to carry the load in the most comfortable way over long periods of time.
To keep the posture, it houses an internal aluminium frame. Removable waist belt with MOLLE to allow pouches to be attached. Compression straps ensure any load can be secured and safely carried.
- Padded shoulder straps with molle attachment strips
- Sternum Strap
- Mesh foam back system
- Internal aluminium frame
- Command hood with mesh pockets and molle strips
- Triple utility pouch with Storm Hoods
- Basha pouch with small tent peg pocket and lid
- Cats eye luminous tab
- 150 litre capacity
- 1000 denier Crye Precision multicam material
- Removeable molle side pockets with stowage straps
- Floating Lid
- 2 Styles of Side pocket Available
- Compression straps bottom and sides
- Compressed Mesh Pockets with large capacity