The MTP Field Pack Air Support Bergen is designed to pack field more kit for those who require more than the standard capacities: paras, snipers, special forces, SAS.
The first thing to note about the Bergen is the huge carrying capacity of 150 litres and that’s without the additional side pouches, as a standalone pack the size is potentially 150 litres and with an additional 3 side pouches it comes up to 180 litres.
The second thing to note about the Bergen is the design, this Bergen is designed to sit above your webbing for long range patrols, and do it comfortably, like the short back design of the Infantry Bergen it is wider but shorter and sits comfortably above your webbing when you are tabbing or yomping about.
There are 6 utility sized pockets on the rear, for a start these are great for storing frequently access goods like your cooking system, NATO water bottles, rations, mission specific kit, cold weather kit and it saves the hassle of having to dig around inside the enormous inner.
There are also quick stow-away compartments and the Bergen itself features a waterproof liner and the utility pouches on the back are also PVC lined with storm hoods for protecting the insides, this protection can be further reinforced with the use a waterproof cover available.
Whilst the potential carryiing capacity of these Bergens is impressive to say and so are the additional features implemented to make it all the while more comfortable included a padded airflow system and the extended aluminium frame which is a 5-prong aluminium frame instead of the traditional 3-prong as well as the foam foam padding with ventilated mesh back to increase air flow to contact area!
This variation adds massive carrying potential fot extreme environments with the ability to expand the options was added with the addition of MOLLE straps and add MOLLE pouches
Starting Capacity of 120 Litres with ability to add 3 × 10 Litre side pouches for a total of 150 Litres!!!
One of the most highest capacity carrying availabile and IN THE WORLD!!!
- BRAND NEW
- 150 litres when 3 PLCE side pouches are used!
- Elasticated floating removable lid with zipped top and inside pocket
- Velcro patch for ID badge or blood group on lid
- Internal aluminium frame with foam padding
- Ventilated mesh back to increase air flow to contact area
- Zips on sides to take PLCE Side Pockets
- Extra zips on lid to take additional Side Pocket or Medic’s Side Pocket
- 6 pouches on front – 3 large utility and 3 standard utility with extension neck, drawcord & toggle
- Interior pocket with Velcro and press stud closure